-Why paying for an email address?
-How can the service be lifetime?
-Can I test the service for FREE?
-What method of payment do you accept?
-I want to subscribe, but what happens to my old email address?
-I am using Gmail for archives purpose, can I use my @jcn50.com email address too?
-How long does it take to create my account?
-How will I know that my account is created?
-How to configure my email software?
-Would the price be subject to change later on?
-How to upgrade/downgrade my account's space?
-Someone tried to email me a 50MB file and it never arrived, why?
-How to access to the Webmail?
-What does the Webmail look like?
-What are the features of the Webmail?
-Can I sponsor one of my friend, or family member?
-I've received an unsolicited message (SPAM), what can I do?
-What does jcn50.com mean?
Why paying for an email address? ↑TOP↑
- The first answer that comes up is: when you change your ISP, you often loose your email address and you need to inform all your contacts.
- The other reasons concern the quality of service: email should work 24/7/365! We manage the server carefully, and we can assist you anytime: human-to-human support. Have you ever tried to contact your current email provider and to get in touch with someone?... Try, and you will be surprised! Do you think you will be considered if you complain about your free email address not working anymore? Look at Yahoo or Hotmail!
- When you don't check your email for a long time, your account is suspended (9 months with Gmail, 6 months with both Yahoo & Hotmail).
- Huge companies have to face a lot of SPAM, and they set up silly filters with no human intervention, therefore some accident happened, read this story about AOL that deleted Harvard admissions emails.
If email service is important for you, this is worth paying for it. We guarantee no email will be lost.
How can the service be lifetime? ↑TOP↑
Nobody knows the future, and maybe in some years the email service will become obsolete... however the current postal/mail service can be tracked back to the 18th century! Which gives us reason to think that email will last for some time.
Jcn50.com is financed on personal assets: no bankruptcy could happen, whether 50 people or zero will sign up or not! If this server runs out of service, another one will be quickily set up somewhere else. Already 17 years of service and running... v(^o^)v
Can I test the service for FREE? ↑TOP↑
No, it's not possible anymore. However we offer a full money-back guarantee for 30 days.
What method of payment do you accept? ↑TOP↑
We accept Paypal and Moneybookers.
I want to subscribe, but what happens to my old email address? ↑TOP↑
You can either:
Ask to your current provider to forward all incoming emails to your new @jcn50.com email address ;
Configure a Remote POP3 setting in our Webmail, so that our server goes check your emails in your old account.
Ask us if needed, we'll check what's possible.
I am using Gmail for archive purpose, can I use my @jcn50.com email address too? ↑TOP↑
Sure, we can set-up a forwarding service (all emails received are forwarded to another email address), or stored-&-forward (all emails are saved into your @jcn50.com account, then forwarded to your Gmail address).
Ask us to set this up.
How long does it take to create my account? ↑TOP↑
Less than 48 hours. If you subscribed and didn't hear from us, please contact us.
How will I know that my account is created? ↑TOP↑
You will be notified by email (the one that you provided when signing-up), and if you have paid.
How to configure my email software? ↑TOP↑
POP3/IMAP server is: mail.jcn50.com
SMTP server is: mail.jcn50.com (you will need to activate the AUTHentification feature)
Username: [email protected]
If you need guidance, contact us.
Would the price be subject to change later on? ↑TOP↑
No! The price you paid for the first time will activate your account for a LIFETIME period! (it's not like USA.net/Netaddress.com, & others...!).
How to upgrade/downgrade my account's space? ↑TOP↑
If you upgrade: you will pay the difference. For example, if you want to switch from a 19MB account to a 99MB account, you will have to pay: US$69 - US$19 = US$50.
No downgrade is possible.
We can also give you more than 99MB of space.
Simply contact us.
Someone tried to email me a 50MB file and it never arrived, why? ↑TOP↑
There is NO file size limit on attachments here. Generally, the file size limit per email is usually 10 or 15MB (depending on the SMTP server used). More than that you will need other kinds of server to exchange files (HTTP or FTP), like YouSendIt, or FileFlyer.
How to access to the Webmail? ↑TOP↑
You will be redirected using a 128-bit SSL connection (RSA 2048-bit key root certificate & RSA 1024-bit key on this server), your password and email's display will be encrypted on the entire network!
What does the Webmail look like? ↑TOP↑
The webmail has a nice, pleasant and professional skin.
What are the features of the Webmail? ↑TOP↑
* No Ads
* SpamAssassin enabled
* Auto-Refresh feature
* Multiple folders can be created to organize emails
* Address book
* Calendar feature
* Search feature
* Number of emails per page display customizeable
* Chinese Language supported (Traditional & Simplified characters)
* Czech Language supported
* Dansk Language supported
* Deutsch Language supported
* English Language supported
* Eesti Language supported
* Español Language supported
* Français Language supported
* Magyar Language supported
* Italiano Language supported
* Japanese Language supported
* Korean Language supported
* Nederlands Language supported
* Norsk Language supported
* Polski Language supported
* Português Language supported
* Russian Language supported
* Slovak Language supported
* Slovenscina Language supported
* Suomi Language supported
* Svenska Language supported
* Ukranian Language supported
Can I sponsor one of my friend, or family member? ↑TOP↑
Yes! Both the sponsored person & the sponsor will get +10MB of free space. The new subscriber just need to enter the email address of the referral when signing-up.
I've received an unsolicited message (SPAM), what can I do? ↑TOP↑
First you need to know this: email address cannot be guessed, if you received SPAM, it's simply because your email address has been shared (from Forums, mailing-lists, Guestbooks...where ever it asked for your email address). To prevent this, you can create as many temporary alias as you want here: http://www.kasmail.com/, check it out!
You can also ask for @jcn50.com alias for free (& unlimited).
SpamAssassin is activated on all accounts, this means that spam are flaged in the subject with **SPAM**. You can then set-up a filter easily if needed.
In case of heavy spam, contact us, we will ban the sending server.
What does jcn50.com mean? ↑TOP↑
jcn stands for a name's initials. And the 50 is considered as a lucky number.
Copyright: from ©2002 to ©2019
Lifetime email by www.jcn50.com